The EU Settlement Scheme will end on 30 June 2021 and after this date no EU national or family member will be eligible to apply under this scheme. There are far more stricter requirements that will be put in place by the UK Home Office where EU nationals will have no right to work in the UK unless they are sponsored by an employer who is registered on the UK Home Office’s register of Licensed Sponsors. Apply now to avoid disappointment of no longer being able to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme.
What is the EU Settlement Scheme visa?
The EU Settlement Scheme was introduced by the UK Government to transition EU nationals and family members of EU national under the UK’s own domestic immigration system following UK’s departure from the European Union. The UK Government has allowed EU nationals the final opportunity to obtain a recognised immigration status under the UK’s domestic immigration system by applying for the EU Settlement Scheme visa as the rights and privileges under the European Union will no longer apply after the Brexit process is completed.
EU Settlement Scheme visa eligibility requirements
The eligibility requirements for a visa under the EU Settlement Scheme are:
- You are an EU national or a family member of an EU national that have been living in the UK before 31 December 2020;
- If the EU national has completed a continuous period of residence and work of 5 years or more, the EU national and the family member of the EU national will be granted settled status in the UK;
- If the EU national has been resident and working in the UK for a period of less than 5 years, the EU national and the family member of the EU national will be granted pre-settled status in the UK;
- You have not been absent from the UK for a period of 6 months or more in any 12 months period unless in exceptional circumstances.
Consequences of not apply under the EU Settlement Scheme before 30 June 2021
If you fail to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme visa before 30 June 2021 and obtain either pre-settled or settled status, you will no longer be able to enjoy the following rights and privileges in the UK:
- You and your family members will not be able to work in the UK unless your employer becomes a licensed Sponsorship Licence holder and sponsors you to work in the UK;
- You and your family members will no longer be able to access medical help under the NHS for free;
- You and your family members will not be able to study in the UK unless your academic institution is a licensed Sponsorship Licence holder and sponsors you to study in the UK and you will be subject to higher tuition fees as an overseas student;
- You and your family members will no longer be able to access public funds such as benefits and pensions;
- You and your family members will not be able to travel to and from the UK without a visa.
PLEASE NOTE that even if you are granted pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will not be able to bring any family members to the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme after 30 June 2021, so any family members you want to bring to the UK will have to apply before 30 June 2021.
How to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme visa
It is important for you to take legal advice from our experienced Immigration Solicitors and Barristers to ensure that you are applying under the correct immigration route under the EU Settlement Scheme and that you meet all the eligibility requirements. The reason why this is so important is that if you are unsuccessful in applying for the EU Settlement Scheme visa, you may not get another opportunity to apply for it again.
How much does the EU Settlement Scheme visa cost?
The UK Government has made the cost of applying for the EU Settlement Scheme visa absolutely free of charge, so there is no cost for making the EU Settlement Scheme visa application. However, you may be required to pay for legal advice and representation if you choose to instruct experienced Immigration Solicitors and Barrister like our team to prepare the EU Settlement Scheme visa application for you.
Make an EU Settlement Scheme visa application with OneLaw Chambers
At OneLaw Chambers, our Immigration Solicitors and Barristers regularly assist with Immigration and Visa applications in order for applicants to relocate to and settle in the UK. We have assisted many foreign nationals to prepare and submit successful Immigration and Visa applications and we have represented clients from all over the world. We are well equipped to prepare and submit your EU Settlement Scheme visa application.Whether you require expert immigration advice on the requirements of the Immigration Rules, an independent immigration assessment of your prospects of qualifying for an EU Settlement Scheme visa or professional immigration representation with preparing your EU Settlement Scheme visa immigration application, our Immigration Solicitors and Barristers can help you.We are committed to ensuring that our Immigration Solicitors and Barristers prepare every immigration visa application with utmost quality and skill so that a successful outcome is achieved every time. Our Immigration Solicitors and Barristers operate in a friendly and cooperative manner to provide our clients with the best client care and service during the entire immigration application process.